1. The ‘Strike it Rich’ Sweepstakes is presented with various product offers from Reader’s Digest for the purpose of promoting the sale or use of their products. The Sweepstakes is offered in the Republic of South Africa only and is open to residents of the Republic of South Africa aged 18 years and older only. The total value of prizes offered is R1,115,000. The Sweepstakes opens on 01/01/12 and closes on 31/12/12.
2. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Throughout the Sweepstakes, the Promoter will conduct up to 24 ‘double up’ offers. Double up offers will only be sent to selected entrants. If an entrant receives a ‘double up’ offer and responds to the material as directed, in the event that they are drawn as the winner of the prize to which the ‘double up’ offer applies, they will receive double the prize money. The decision to increase any cash prize value and the amount of the increase will be totally at the discretion of the Promoter and will be indicated in the promotional material for the relevant prize draw. If an increased prize value has been advertised to a winning entrant, the Promoter will award that entrant the increased prize value, as advertised. For all other activities a winning entry will receive the stated prize value without the increase. If the Promoter decides to offer an increase in the value of any or all of the cash prizes, the total maximum potential value based on a maximum doubling of prizes would then respectively be increased to R2,230,000. Where the original winner drawn was eligible for the stated prize without the increase but does not claim their prize, only the amount of the prize unclaimed by the original winner drawn, being the stated prize amount without the increase, will be distributed in the unclaimed prize draw in accordance with these rules.
3. Multiple entries are permitted provided each entry is on an original entry form. No facsimiles or copies permitted. Different limitations may apply for website and phone entry when offered. Entries are not transferable. To be eligible, entries must be received by the Sweepstakes closing date. Additional deadlines apply to certain prizes including the Bonus prizes and, based on postal guidelines, we allow one week for delivery and one week for return in addition to any deadline stated. In some cases where it will not be necessary to return an entry form in order to participate, specific mention will be made of that fact in the promotional material. All eligible entries will qualify as finalists and will have a fair and equal chance to win. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
4. Cash prizes may be represented from time to time as recurring payment options, home improvements, cars, travel, holidays or merchandise. Prize preferences indicated by participants at time of entry simply highlight options available and are not binding; actual choices will be confirmed with the winner following the draw. The Citizen Watch prizes are not redeemable for cash. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a cheque or by electronic funds transfer to the winner's nominated bank account. Cash prizes will be paid in Rand. Prizes are not transferable.
5. In the final stages, Reader’s Digest (Australia) will conduct random draws from all eligible entries and the winners declared will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into. All times specified in these Sweepstakes rules are Sydney Australian times.
6. All winners will be notified by mail within 7 days of the relevant draw. Winners’ names will be published in the ‘Sunday Times’ on the last Sunday of the draw month. All draws will take place at Reader’s Digest, 80 Bay Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007 at 10:30am. The draws will take place on the following dates:
- Rush For Riches Prize Draw: 10/1/13;
- Super Grand Prize Draw: 10/01/13;
- Appreciation Prize Draw: 10/01/13;
- Thank You Prize Draw (with Preferred Customer Bonus): 10/01/13;
- Chairman’s Reward Prize Draw: 10/01/13.
7. Entrants are encouraged to submit a valid ID and telephone number which will make it easier for the Promoters to contact them should they be selected as a winner. Where incorrect or incomplete details have been supplied and the winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable effort has been made, the Promoters reserve the right to re-draw the prize as above.
8. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
9. The promotional material, information on how to enter, the Official Prize List and the conditions of entry described in them form part of the Sweepstakes rules. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its contractors directly associated with the Sweepstakes are ineligible. The Promoter's decision on all matters pertaining to these rules is final.
10. If entry is to be made via the Internet: The close time and date for entry into the promotion is 11.59PM (Australian time) on the deadline date stated, or if no deadline day is stated, by the final closing date. Closing date for the ‘Strike It Rich’ Sweepstakes is 31/12/12. Limitations on the number of entries permitted could include either one (1) entry only permitted per unique email address OR one (1) entry only permitted per household OR one (1) entry only permitted per entry opportunity. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, non-directed or misdirected e-mail, for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of entries. Further, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage to computer systems from downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Sweepstakes or the on-line portion of the Sweepstakes at any time if the Promoter’s on-line service is no longer available or is compromised by any virus, bugs, or other intervention beyond the Promoter’s control. In either of these events, prizes may be awarded based on electronic entries received prior to date of termination and mail-in entries received as of the closing date. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the internet entry process or is in any other way responsible for compromising the orderly operation of the Sweepstakes via the internet. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid
11. The Prizes offered are in no way intended to be in any way similar to goods, services or benefits offered by the National Lottery. The Sweepstakes is run strictly in accordance with the provisions and regulations of The Lotteries Act (No. 57 of 1997), South Africa and any other applicable legislation. These rules may be amended to conform to requirements stipulated in prevailing legislation from time to time. Any amendment of the rules of the Sweepstakes will be published as soon as possible thereafter in Reader's Digest Magazine.
12. Visit www.readersdigest.co.za to view the full Official Rules for the ‘Strike it Rich’ Sweepstakes.
13. The Promoter is Reader's Digest (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 81000565471), 80 Bay Street, Ultimo, NSW Australia.